Monday, July 7, 2014

My Vegan Monday

Back to life, back to reality. The wedding: three weeks, history. The honeymoon: caught on film. Fourth of July: over. 

This Monday morning marked a return to routine, and though a slightly bitter pill to swallow, it's not so bad. Summer is my favorite season and we have lots of time ahead. Weeks and weeks of warm weather, fresh fruits and vegetables, and activities both sporty and lazy. Besides, I'm a Type A personality: I like me some discipline and organization. I've also now crossed the six-month mark in pregnancy so eating and nutrition is something I think about all the time. A return to Vegan Mondays, along with everything else, is a good thing.

Morning
Coffee with almond milk
Kashi Go Lean cereal with almond milk and blueberries
Half a Kind bar
Banana

Afternoon
Whole Foods salad bar
Some dark chocolate
A juicy red plum, my current obsession

Evening
Glass of Cotes du Rhone
Pea soup
Crackers and hummus

What summer dishes are you feasting on??

2 comments:

  1. It's cherry, berry a pea season in the PNW! I had my annual preparation of pea pesto a few weeks ago, courtesy of Smitten Kitchen. SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nazre Karam Mujh Par Itna Na Kar,
    Ki Teri Mohabbat Ke Liye Baagi Ho Jaaun, …. Play Bazaar Mujhe Itna Na Pila Ishq-E-Jaam Ki, Satta King Main Ishq Ke Jahar Ka Aadi Ho Jaaun.

    ReplyDelete